Sunday, January 20, 2013

Unloading At The Gurnee Comics And Collectibles Show

My table
Over the last year I have amassed a mighty collection of retro games and along with all that stuff there was bound to be duplicates. So today I gathered them all into a big box and set out for the Gurnee Comics and Collectibles Show. I brought a bunch of Sega Genesis games and a few consoles. I also had a crap load of sports games I was trying to unload and believe it or not I was able to sell a few. Granted I marked them all 3 for a dollar.  

Nintoaster

One thing I also had out today was my Nintoaster. I built it a couple of months back after seeing one in an Angry Video Game Nerd episode. It turned out to be an awesome project and the Nintoaster has provided me with many hours of old school Nintendo fun. I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little hard selling it but I guess now I have a reason to build an even better one.


I met a lot of nice people today and got a lead on a new store that sells retro games. I even met a dude who said he competed in the Nintendo World Championships when it came through the area back in the day. 

Comic pick ups
Not sure but I think I might try to selling at another show someday. I had a good experience today so I guess we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment