Friday, September 7, 2012

Weekend Retro Game Play : Killer Instinct

So it's Friday night and the mood is right. Right for what you may ask? It's right for playing some Killer Instinct on the SNES. The AVGN just put out a Killer Instinct memories video which after watching got me wanting to do some combo breaking.

KI was one of those games that my buddies and I would play the hell out of when we where kids. If I recall I was never that great at the game but I could hold my own. My favorite character was always Cinder because I felt his combos were the easiest for me to pull off. The funny thing about Killer Instinct is that I can't remember ever playing the game all the way through, because my friends and I would  always go head to head. So I guess my goal this weekend to play through the game at least once. 

I actually got to play the stand-up arcade version for the first time a few months back at MGC. Which is what got me thinking about the game again enough to pick up the copy I currently own. I got a pretty good deal on it I think I paid about $5 bucks for the SNES cart. It's been sitting on my shelf ever since so I thought that this would be the perfect time to blow the dust off.


No comments:

Post a Comment