Sunday, December 16, 2012

It Came From Craigslist!



For this edition of It Came From Craigslist I found a huge lot of Sega Genesis stuff. By far this is the largest amount of stuff I have acquired at one time. The lot came with a couple of Genesis systems,  a 32X, Sega Master System, and over 50+ games. Now I'll be honest with you guys, I for sure didn't need any more Genesis consoles. I already own a few spare systems. I didn't really get into collecting to turn a profit by reselling stuff. I figure I can at least past a few of these systems along for a couple of bucks and make enough to purchase something I really want.

The hardware I am the most happy about picking up is the 32X. Why? I guess it was just one of those things I wanted when I was a kid but never got. Also came with two 32X games, Doom and Star Wars, to start my new collection.

Picking up the Master System was also a big plus. The Master System is console I was totally unaware of until I started collecting retro games. The Master System came with three controllers, the light phaser, and a broken pair of 3D glasses. Growing up we had a NES and I was pretty young at that time so I guess I just missed it. Although I do vaguely remember seeing some Master System games at a department store. I remember the boxes, the simple white background with lines crossing and some sort of artwork on the front. I already have a power base converter with a like two games. So I have had the ability to play MS games but for whatever reason I like to try and play things on their original hardware. 

Along with the hardware came a nice bunch of cords and controllers.
My Genesis collection is really starting to become massive with these new editions. A ton of cool stuff here with a few duplicates of games I already own. Lots of stuff that I have never played here so it should be fun trying them out. I just started a Twitch TV channel http://www.twitch.tv/badretroblog# where I plan on posting some videos of me playing through the games. I'm still working out the bugs with my broadcasting setup so I apologize for any problems with the videos. 

 

Mutant League Hockey!
 



Lots of sports games.... Yea. 




No comments:

Post a Comment